LuminaX HealthTech Accelerator has announced its cohort of participating Australian startups for 2023, with the 14-week program set to kick-start on the Gold Coast in two weeks.
In 2023 LuminaX will provide support to 11 startups alongside Major Partners the Queensland Government through Economic Development Queensland and Advance Queensland, and City of Gold Coast and Industry Partners Griffith University, Mater Hospital, Aginic Ventures, Queensland AI Hub, and IntelliHQ.
This year LuminaX received more than 70 applications, with half of applications being received from outside Queensland and almost 10% from international countries.
The 2023 LuminaX Participants are:
• Smilo.ai – a computer vision AI-powered platform that connects patients with dental providers to facilitate virtual consultations, digital oral health check-ups, cosmetic consultations, orthodontic assessments, and treatment monitoring.
• OrthoDynamics – uses world-first technology to enable orthopaedic surgeons to virtually plan highly personalised surgeries, providing them with 3D printed anatomical models and surgical guides to assist in the operating theatre.
• Templa – helps individuals overcome the challenges of staying motivated and visualizing their future selves by using deepfake AI technology to simulate their future selves and provide a tangible vision of what they can become.
• Thermal Armour – provides a cure for perioperative hypothermia, the most common serious adverse surgical event in the world.
• Mend – provide digital solutions to help people with chronic/ongoing health issues manage and understand their health.
• YourTrack – help to easily detect vulnerable children whose development is not on track, so they and their families can get the support they need to reach their potential.
• Vertical Health – Accelerating the search & discovery process for hospitals and nurses to ensure that positions are filled with the most suitable candidate, and patients receive the highest quality care.
• WIRL – a mental wellbeing platform driven by the gut-brain, boosting the world’s mood through food.
• Wellifiy – a patient success platform that helps healthcare providers & patients stay connected, engaged, informed, & on track through their care journey.
• MedApps – is a site specific handbook for clinicians – supporting orientation, engagement, education and wellbeing.
• Flintworks – a clinical grade Virtual Reality (VR) therapy platform for treatment-resistant mental illnesses, starting with PTSD.