Source: Brain-sensing headware startup wins River Rival
- Neuphoria, the company behind the Focusband wearable brain frequency-sensing headwear, won the Best Product and Best of the Best Awards at the River Rival 2023 event.
- Henry Boulton, Neuphoria’s founder and CEO, expressed gratitude for the award in recognition of his flagship product Focusband.
- The Focusband provides real-time performance feedback to athletes and coaches through a mobile app, with golfer Jason Day being one of its users.
- Yas Grigaliunas from Circonomy won the People’s Choice award for her efforts in promoting reuse and reducing waste.
- Circonomy, initially founded as the World’s Biggest Garage Sale in 2013, aims to provide Australians with access to reused products.
- Neuphoria and Circonomy were among the seven startups pitching to a panel of judges at the River Rival event.
- The event marked the culmination of the Something Fest conference, where River City Labs launched the Elevating Female Founders program to support women entrepreneurs in Queensland.